Are you looking for a quick guide to merge Pinterest boards? Then you are at the right place. Here you will learn how to merge boards on Pinterest.
Pinterest is a great platform to use for driving traffic to your blog or business. To maximally utilize the potential of Pinterest, you should focus on Pinterest SEO, create Pinterest boards, and follow a consistent pinning strategy.
How to Merge Pinterest Boards?
To merge boards on Pinterest using a desktop or a mobile, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
Merge Pinterest Boards on a Desktop
Merging Pinterest boards on a desktop is very simple. You can follow the following steps.
- Go to your Pinterest account.
- Go to the homepage of your Pinterest profile.
- Click on the saved tab, below the edit profile button.
- You will be shown a new page, where you can see all of your boards.
- Click and open the board that you want to merge.
- Then click on the three dots just beside the board name.
- A dropdown menu will be shown. Click on merge.
- A new window will open that will show you all the boards that you have.
- Select the board that you want to merge with this board and click done.
Merge Pinterest Boards on Mobile
If you want to merge Pinterest boards on mobile then follow the steps given below.
- Open the Pinterest app on your mobile device.
- Go to the homepage of your profile, by clicking on the profile image icon at the bottom right of the page.
- Click on the saved tab given below the edit profile and creator hub buttons.
- Then select the board that you want to merge.
- Click on the three dots at the top right corner.
- A new menu will open, choose merge boards.
- You will be shown all the boards that you have. Select the board that you want to merge with.
Can You Merge Pinterest Board Sections?
Yes, you can merge Pinterest board sections as well. The steps are more or less similar to those for merging Pinterest boards.
- Go to your homepage.
- Click on the saved tab, to see all of your boards.
- Click to open the board whose sections you want to merge.
- Select the section that you want to merge and click on the three dots next to the name of the section.
- Select Merge
- Then select another section where you want to move your pins.
- You will see a popup, click “Merge Sections”.
This way you can merge the sections of the boards.
Why to Merge Pinterest Boards?
There can be several reasons for someone who wants to merge the boards. Some of them are:
- To stay organized and give a cleaner look to the account.
- Saving the pins to less number of boards.
- To make it easier for the users to find the boards and relevant pins.
Is it Necessary to Merge Boards or Sections on Pinterest?
No, it is not necessary to merge boards or sections. It is a personal choice.
If you don’t want to merge the boards, but to move a single or multiple pins from one board to another, then follow the steps given below.
Move Pins to Another Board
If instead of merging boards, you want to move pins from one board to another follow the following steps.
How to Move a Pin from One Board to Another?
If you want to move a single pin from one board to another, you can follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Pinterest profile.
- Select the pin that you want to move and click on the pencil icon on the bottom right of the pin.•A new window will pop up to edit the pin. Select the board or section from the dropdown menu, where you want to save the pin.
- Then click save.
How to Move Multiple Pins from One Board to Another?
To move multiple pins from one board to another follow these steps.
- Go to your Pinterest profile
- Click on the saved tab.
- Open the board from where you want to move the pins.
- Click organize.
- Select multiple pins that you want to move to another board or section.
- Then click on the icon given at the bottom of the page to move to another board or section.
- Select the board and click save.
Important Things to Know Before Merging Pinterest Boards
If you are thinking of merging Pinterest boards, then you should consider the following important points.
- The followers of the merged boards are not transferred to the new board.
- If you merge a secret board with a public board, then the privacy settings of the destination board will be applied. So, keep this in mind before merging a secret board with a public board.
- When you merge two boards the merged board will be shown as a section in the parent board.
- It’s not very simple to undo the process after merging boards. To undo, you will have to create a new board or section and move the pins one by one.
- In terms of Pinterest SEO, adding keywords in board sections is less impactful as compared to those in board titles and descriptions. So, if you have a lot of content, it is better to keep them in separate SEO-optimized Pinterest boards rather than in different sections.
- You can also read,
- How to do Pinterest keyword research?
- Complete Pinterest SEO guided.
- How to create Pinterest boards?
The Final Word – Merge Pinterest Boards
Pinterest boards are folders to organize the relevant pins. Merging Pinterest boards can be a personal choice due to various reasons.
Merging Pinterest boards is a simple process and can be done on desktop or mobile devices. But before merging the boards on Pinterest, one should keep in mind the important changes that occur after the merge. It can affect the board’s privacy and even the board’s SEO. It is also a big hustle to undo the merge. So, it’s good to be thoughtful and sure before merging the boards.
If you have any queries related to the merging of boards, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments.
Pin this post and share with your friends.
If you want more help, you can see this Pinterest guide.